Saturday, July 7, 2012

Grilled Hawaiian Flatbread Pizza




One of my favorite types of pizza is Hawaiian. Unfortunately for me, most people, including my best customer (my wife) look at me like I have 6 heads when I talk about pineapple on pizza. During the summer I love making pizzas on the grill with store bought naan flatbread. This gives me the chance to try out different concepts because the naan comes in packages of 2.

Ingredients
Whole Wheat Naan Bread
Sliced Pineapple
Tomato Sauce
1 Quarter Inch Thick Slice of Deli Ham
Chopped Grilled Chicken Breast
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese




As you can see, I've grilled both sides of each slice of pineapple




I put the sliced chicken, ham and pineapple in a pan to help get a good melding of the savory spices on the meats and the sweetness of the pineapple. I also added a little bit of bbq sauce to the mixture to make the flavors a bit more bold. When dressing the pizza, I added some leftover pineapple juice to the tomato sauce to thin out the sauce and make it a bit more thin. I grilled the naan on both sides, covered with toppings and grilled it for about 10 minutes on medium heat. I finished things up by putting the pizza under the broiler to melt the cheese. 




This pizza was delicious, and even my skeptical about pineapple on pizza wife enjoyed it!




No comments:

Post a Comment